- Years: 2020-2023
- Scientific coordinator: Angelo Antonini (Università di Padova)
- Contact persons: Federico Neresini e Francesco Miele
- Sponsor: Commissione Europea – AI for the smart hospital of the future
- Partnership: Helsinki University Hospital (FIN), Northern Ostrobothnia District (FIN), Chino Srls (ITA), Symptoma GmbH (A), Fundació Eurecat, Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, Nuromedia GmbH (SPA), NEC Laboratories (SPA), Ospedale Pediatrico Bambin Gesù (ITA), SRDC Software Research & Developed (TR), Evondos (FIN), TICBioMed (SPA), NeuroPath (BE), Erasmus University Rotterdam (NL), University of Padua (ITA), Innofactor Software Oy (FIN).
AICCELERATE is a large European Union (EU)-funded collaboration between clinical, technical, and academic partners, which aims to demonstrate the feasibility and effectiveness of large-scale implementation of Artificial Intelligence in healthcare. To do this, several use-cases have been developed, including a Parkinson Disease use-case on which UNIPD team is involved. This use case involves an AI-based remote monitoring system for patients with Parkinson to detect patients that are approaching to the advanced stages of the illness, allowing for early intervention and treatment.
Pa.S.T.I.S. will contribute to the above-described use case in two ways:
- supporting the implementation of the considered digital care intervention, getting an in-depth understanding of patients’ preferences following a mixed-method design (interviews, focus groups and a discrete choice experiment survey)
- supporting the implementation and the evaluation of a pilot study, adopting qualitative techniques such as participant observation, in-depth interviews and ethnographic diaries