I received my Ph.D. in Social Sciences – Interaction, Communication, Cultural Construction, in 2013 from the University of Padova. Currently, I am tenure track Assistant Professor in Sociology at the Department of Philosophy, Sociology, Education and Applied Psychology (FISPPA – Section of Sociology), University of Padova. My current empirical field of inquiry focuses on the investigation of the cultural, epistemological and ethical dimensions of the scientific and technological innovation processes, with particular attention to the life sciences and ICT. I have strong expertise in conducting empirical research, with special attention to qualitative case studies methodology.
– 2021: Crabu S. (with Giardullo, P., Sciandra, A. e Neresini, F.), “Politics overwhelms science in the Covid-19 pandemic: Evidence from the whole coverage of the Italian quality newspapers”, in PLOS ONE, e0252034. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0252034
– 2021: Crabu S., “Exploring the constitution of biomedicine through the lens of science and technology studies: from local ethnographies to computational sociology and back. A dialogue with Alberto Cambrosio”, Rassegna Italiana di Sociologia, Vol. LXII, N. 1, pp. 197 – 217.
– 2021: Crabu S., “Organizing the precision clinic: arranging expertise, knowledge and technologies in cancer precision medicine clinical trials”, in New Genetics and Society, Vol. 40, N. 1, pp. 58 – 72. DOI: 10.1080/14636778.2021.1882839.
– 2020: Crabu S. (with Magaudda P.), “Cosa possiamo imparare dal science-related populism per rilanciare la sfida al populismo culturale”, in Studi Culturali, Vol. XVII, N. 3, pp. 391 – 398. DOI: 10.1405/99456.
– 2019: Crabu S., “Learning and Shaping Expert Knowledges: The Case of Precision Medicine”, in Sociologica, Vol. 13, N. 3, pp. 107 – 118. DOI: 10.6092/issn.1971-88